I second the idea that the documentation could be clearer on the difference
between "#lang scribble/base" and friends and what can be done with the
at-reader in general, as shown in languages like "scribble/text" and
"scribble/html". Despite having used both "scribble/base"-family languages
and tools like "make-at-readtable", I didn't realize until reading this
thread that "scribble/text" may be a better basis for several things I've
been trying to do.

On a related note, make-at-readtable accepts options for
"#:command-readtable" and "#:datum-readtable", but not for reading the body
of the @-form — though as I think about it, I guess that could be done
using "#:syntax-post-processor", right?

I'm still not 100% clear on what is supposed to happen at read-time vs.
expand-time vs. runtime in this example:
(filter foo?
        (python-ish-list-comprehend
but I think those options might be able to construct something closer to
the udelim goal than plain at-epressions.