I've been looking through the docs for how to check available disk space.
I looked in the  filesystem and os libraries and I threw keywords at the
search tool, but I can't find an answer.

I'm looking for the equivalent of the Unix / OSX "df" command.  I could
shell out and parse the output, I suppose, but that seem unportable and
error prone.  Is there a builtin for it?