Has something changed recently in the CSS for the Racket documentation? I
thought that formerly the phone layout was equivalent to what happens if
you manually resize a desktop/laptop browser window to be quite narrow: the
sidebar / table of contents goes away and a navigation bar appears at the
top of the page (with a search box and "top"/"prev"/"up"/"next"). However,
when I just tried to simulate a smartphone viewport with the Chrome
developer tools, I got the "non-mobile friendly" behavior Michael
described. (I don't have my phone on me right now, so I haven't checked
that.)

While we're on the subject of the narrow-width Scribble CSS, I've
occasionally had the thought that it would be nice to have a way to view
the table of contents, perhaps as a drop-down sort of thing, from the
sidebar-less view. (Currently the only way seems to be to make the window
wider, and I encounter that layout reasonably often when I have the
documentation open next to a Dr. Racket window.)

-Philip

P.S.: As a web designer, I find it curious how the conception of "mobile
friendly" design has changed: I remember Steve Jobs showing off tap-to-zoom
as a feature on the New York Times home page. As a user, I actually prefer
tap-to-zoom as a UI over some bad designs that meet Google's "mobile
friendly" standards.