Something like this would be really good. I also, relatively recently,
discovered the "name" fields when I happened to look at a rows-result
directly, and being able to work with columns by name rather than by
position is much better. I guess I should have realized there was some way
of doing this, because rows->dict and the library functions that accept
a #:group argument can use column names. More documentation would
definitely be helpful: for example, I've noticed that I need to convert all
of my strings for #:group arguments to lower case, at least with postgresql.