I was also going to suggest the ring system as a way of giving more
information without imposing an unnecessary artificial distinction. In
general I'm enthusiastic about the benefits of not having a sharp dividing
line, but it would be useful to show more clearly in the documentation
which packages have been vetted to "ring zero" standards.