Austin Sparks (cc:ed) and I are struggling with what I believe should be a
pretty simple problem; how can we share a value between a DrRacket tool and a
user’s program? Specifically, the value in question here is a channel (probably
an asynchronous channel) on which the user’s thread can place
musical-note-to-be-played values.

The heavyweight way—I’m pretty confident this would work—is to provide our own
“run” button, allowing us to add existing module invocations to the user’s
namespace before the user’s module is expanded or invoked. However, I’m
thinking there’s … an easier way to do it?

John