When I open the attached file (which contains a very long line) in DrRacket
and attempt to type a closing parenthesis (either ")" or "]") on line 4
(i.e. to close the define form), DrRacket becomes unresponsive until
forcibly killed (at least for several minutes, and even the caret stops
blinking). Interestingly, if I paste a closing parenthesis at that
position, I can continue editing as normal.

I don't know if this is relevant, but when I attached
drracket-problem-file.rkt, I noticed it somehow wound up in the WXME
format: drracket-problem-plain.rkt is a plain-text version and appears to
exhibit the same issue.

Thanks,
Philip