I've been following this discussion with keen interest. Although my Liitin.org project is far from minimal in size (viable sized by design), it does have some common objectives. Racket is used as "the native language" that is meant to be able to control all areas of the cloud-based, native Linux environment. I'm very GUI-oriented myself, but will do my best to provide convenient command-line tools as well.

br, jukka

Lehi Toskin:
"I have this idea, this vision. I wish to create a small system that would more or less only be to turn on the machine (probably an RPi) and then you'd immediately be inside a Racket REPL..."

William G Hatch:
"I would love to see a Racket unikernel, and be able to essentially run a
modern Lisp machine..."