Lets not meander off the question, shall we?

For an intro to programming - quickly seeing what and why happens trumps
things like S-expressions vs identation, functional vs imperative, name it.
What matters is that kids can form some mental model of what is happening
and why. Thus feedback matters quite a lot.

The problem will be what material you choose and how you would present it.
Making this on your own may be harder than expected. I found How to Design
Programs ed.1 is way too repetetive and monotone. Realm of Racket is better
but I think suited to kids 10 and above.
How to Design Programs ed.2 seems good but I have not tried it yet. There
are quite a few books on Scratch and ScratchJr though they lean very much
towards gaming/entertainment style (which is not bad).
The bootstrap initiatives are also targeted at a higher age.
I will test DrRacket on my 8 year old son and will try to get some feedback.

Regards:
al_shopov

На пн, 5.03.2018 г. в 18:13 ч. 'John Clements' via Racket Users <
racket-users@googlegroups.com> написа: