The trouble, sadly, is that this grammar is ambiguous. In

  (for ([(x y) s])
    ....)

should (x y) be parsed as a single match pattern or as two binders for a
two-valued sequence (such as one produced by in-hash, for example)? You could
make it unambiguous in various ways, such as by requiring uses of match
patterns to all use the multi-valued binder syntax (with an extra set of
parens), but that’s a bit clumsy. Unfortunately, I can’t think of any
particularly elegant way to support match patterns in for loop binders in a
backwards-compatible way.

Alexis