Hello,

I've to decide between Racket and Julia as language of choice for writing
desktop app. Racket's advantage is that its GUI support is provided out of the
box, while in Julia I'd probably have to use Gtk.jl as the best supported
package  since I do not want to use Electron or some other JS/browser-based
things.

Leaving aside other language features' pros/cons, I was a bit surprised
when someone in Julia's channel responded to me with: "Racket is pretty
amazing, but I stopped looking into it after I figured, that it can't
really be made fast language...I just talked at some point with some of
the core devs, and they told me that racket may never be julia fast
(some of them actually know julia quite well)". I received some
feedback on it in Slack's channel, but curious to receive some more
here. iow. whether "Racket may never be Julia fast" can be taken in
general or it is just a question from case to case?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body,
from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes