> On 27 Aug 19, at 9:27 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sa...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
>
> 4. The interpretation of the LGPL as it relates to Racket that appears
> on the download page is our (the Racket leadership) interepretation,
> not the SFCs. None of us are lawyers, but that remains our
> interpretation.

So Racket's licensing is, or is not, supervised by an actual lawyer? In the
past, I've gathered that Racket management has consulted with a lawyer on
certain issues. But your comment suggests that maybe this isn't so. Or at least
not for licensing.

> 3. The license of Racket has not changed as a result of joining the SFC.

> 6. The relicensing is something we hope to complete, but as the SFC is
> now the fiscal sponsor of the Racket project they are working to make
> sure it's done to their standards, which may require more time.

These statements seem somewhat at odds — how should they be reconciled? Do you
mean that if & when the relicensing is completed, Racket's licensing will be
thereafter be supervised by the SFC and its lawyers (because the relicensing
needs to be "done to their standards")? As I understand it, though SFC's
term-of-art legal designation is "fiscal sponsor", their relationship with
member projects encompasses more than just fiscal matters. [1]

[1] https://sfconservancy.org/about/ <https://sfconservancy.org/about/>