Thanks Paulo, very interesting and useful as usual!

This version of the featured paper "Hygienic macro expansion" is a little
more readable:
https://prl.ccs.neu.edu/img/kffd-tr-1986.pdf

Or would Matthias be able to provide a freshly compiled version maybe? :)
(I would be truly impressed if the tex file still existed somewhere!)