Hello,

I’ve been working with finite fields in racket, and although I solved my actual
problem (numbers were too large for (modulo (expt)), using modular-expt, I had
a question when I looked at modulo-expt, which uses what appeared to be infix
operators:

> (define (modular-expt* n a b)
    (cond [(b . < . 0)  (raise-argument-error 'modular-expt "Natural" 1 a b n)]
          [(b . = . 0)  (if (n . = . 1) 0 1)]

…

Is there some actual advantage to using infix operators in racket, other than
readability for those not used to LISP-like languages? I actually found it
highly confusing at first, as I couldn’t find much documentation describing
this usage
(https://docs.racket-lang.org/guide/Pairs__Lists__and_Racket_Syntax.html gives
only a brief mention at the end).

- johnk