Hi,

So for quite some while I have been running a minimal racket on my locked down
windows desktop.   Go to More Installers and Checksums and I grab the Windows
64bit x86-64 tar ball, untar it, and everyone is happy.

But no GUI of course.

Well I had been building on MacOS for years following the instructions to build
a Minimal Racket and then run

raco pkg install -i main-distribution

and it finally clicked that the instructions were almost identical for Windows.

raco pkg update --auto racket-lib
raco pkg install -i main-distribution

just like the instructions said.  In my mind I thought "I don't have a build
toolchain on Windows, so that won't work."  And I was wrong.  It works just
fine on my locked down desktop and now I have a GUI Dr Racket as well.

cheers

bruce