On 25. 02. 21 10:01, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> Try integer-length.
>
> https://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/generic-numbers.html?q=integer-length#%28def._%28%28quote._~23~25kernel%29._integer-length%29%29

Oh, I completely missed this one. Thank you!!!

> I don't know how it is implemented.

And now I do. On CS it is implemented in terms of fxlength, which is a
SW implementation, but still an order of magnitude faster than pure
Racket implementation.

So for my project, integer-length is an improvement I wanted. But the
general question remains. Instead of almost 100 instructions, it could
be just one or two. I'll look into it later on if no-one else finds it
interesting enough to fiddle with cpnanopass.ss and x86_64.ss ;-)

Cheers,
Dominik