At Sat, 15 May 2021 03:10:55 -0700 (PDT), "kamist...@gmail.com" wrote:
> I ran raco-cross
> (installed on racket cs 8.0 [does this cause trouble for racket cs < 8.2 or
> is it fine because host and target are both bc?])

Yes, it's fine because the target is BC (and a host BC is set up as
needed).

> On windows:
> 1. I had to add the lib subfolder in the dist to the path (else the exe
> would not find the dlls in there).

The intent in a Windows distribution is that the executable and "lib"
folder stay together, as they are in the archive. Was the executable
not able to find the folder content when kept alongside in the same
directory?

> 2. Copy the dlls from /tmp/todays-snapshot/i386-win32-bc/lib/ to the lib
> subfolder.

Which libraries were needed? They should have been pulled along in the
distribution's "lib" folder automatically, assuming they're referenced
in a Racket module with `define-runtime-path` (which modules like
`racket/draw` and `racket/gui` do for their libraries).

> I also tried the utah snapshots but they don't have i386 builds and the
> windows7 vm is 32bit,

The Utah snapshot's 32-bit Windows builds have been having trouble, and
it looks like they will fail again today. The Northwestern site
provides 32-bit Windows builds, but it's Linux builds have a naming
issue (so `raco cross` can't find things) that probably will be
resolved in the next build. Unless you need something new for your
code, though, the v8.l release builds should work for BC.

Matthew