I'd mention that one of the first companies to start producing
commercial sites for national brands with Radiant was Digital Pulp in
NY, way back in 2008. The fact that the early adopters were talented
designers who needed to launch beautiful sites quickly speaks volumes
about how easy it is to implement a template in Radiant. It's really
great for marketing communications projects. I would consider Radiant
to be better-suited for end-users with some design/development
skills.

There's a podcast (http://radiantcms.org/podcast/) from way back in
2008 with the guys from Digital Pulp. It'd be interesting to give them
a shout and see what they're up to today.