On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Darwin A. Bawasanta wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> have any of you encountered this error in the past with the
> AuthByDBFILE ?
>
> Mon Aug 16 18:29:29 1999: NOTICE: SIGHUP received: restarting
> Mon Aug 16 18:29:29 1999: WARNING: Could not open user database file
> '/etc/raddb/users.gdbm' in Radius::AuthDBFILE: No such file or
> directory
> Mon Aug 16 18:29:29 1999: DEBUG: Reading users file /etc/raddb/users
> Mon Aug 16 18:29:29 1999: INFO: Server started
>
> i've been using the same GDBM file with our GRIC Traveller server, but
> somehow, radiator cannot
> open it.  any help will be much appreciated.

There are a couple of things that *may* help (but they may not...). First you
will have to force Radiator to use GDBM, by setting the following in
AuthDBFILE.pm in the Radius directory of your distribution:

# This will cause perl to choose the 'best' DBM format available to
# you. You can force it to use another format by setting $dbtype to
# NDBM_File, DB_File, GDBM_File, SDBM_File or ODBM_File
my $dbtype = 'GDBM_File';

And then in your configuration file, refer to your users file *without* the
.gdbm extension (GDBM will add the extension internally).

Both of the above assume that Radiator and GRIC use the same format and as GRIC
is based on the Merit format, it should work, but no guarantees. If it doesn't
work, you will have to unload the GRIC file and rebuild a file for Radiator.

hth