Further to the CVX dictionary issue:

We are keen to implment the CVX 4-byte attributes, but there is no
specification available for the Aptis extended VSAs. Can someone (Dave Salaman,
Lisa?) send to me a detailed packet dump of a real CVX request, one which
includes one or more CVX attributes? Radiator level 5 dump, or snoop or tcpdump
or whatever is fine, as long as we can see hex of all the bytes in the packet.

Please send direct to me, rather than the list.

Cheers.

On Monday 12 February 2001 05:16, Dave Salaman wrote:
> I've tried this.
>
> I added to my dictionary ...
> VENDORATTR 2637 CVX-PPP-AllowPeerIPAddress      0x852102c0      integer
>
> Radiator thinks it's sending ...
> Sun Feb 11 11:54:10 2001: DEBUG: Packet dump:
> *** Sending to 127.0.0.1 port 62653 ....
> Code:       Access-Accept
> Identifier: 85
> Authentic:
> Attributes:
>         CVX-PPP-AllowPeerIPAddress = 1
>
> radpwtst says it's getting ...
> sending Access-Request...
> Attribute number 192 (vendor 2637) is not defined in your dictionary
> OK
> Code:       Access-Accept
> Identifier: 85
> Authentic:
> Attributes:
>
> Sending this attribute to the CVX (v3.6) causes the CVX to crash hard !
>
> 0xc0 = 192 ... I tried radpwtst with other 4-octet VSAs with the same
> result. The attributes always seem to be truncated to a single octet.
>
> Support for 4-octet VSAs is number one on my Radiator wish list.
>
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Lisa Goulet wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to translate Nortel(Aptis) CVX dictionary attributes to match
> > the radius attribute data types - integer, string, ipaddr and date. I
> > hope someone has already done it.
> >
> > Here's an excerpt from rfc 2882(Extended Radius Practices) which
> > describes these attributes:
> >
> > Nortel(Aptis): about 60 VSA: 20 1-byte, ~130 4-byte header.Aptis VSAs
> > have shifted from a regular format to a 4-byte header format, due to the
> > large number of attributes implemented.
> >
> > Here's the official(unmodified) nortel cvx:

-

---End of forwarded mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X