I agree that the patch has some junk on it, sorry. I'll clean it up
and post in trac.
I haven't found any satisfying inheritance plugin out there and imho
it would be nice if AR would support other inheritances types right in
the core, but even if there's no intention of incorporating other
inheritances type i believe it would make easier to create well
written plugins.
Also, loading the inheritances only in the classes that will use it is
less code being executed when the inheritance isn't needed.

On 8/13/06, Rick Olson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/12/06, Bob Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nice extraction of the inheritance code, hope this work gets some legs.
> Looks good on the surface, however, your patch has some junk in it that
> should be removed. It has your username in the postgres database connection
> and also includes the class inheritance stuff that isn't complete. I think
> you'll find a better audience with a clean patch.

Do we really need the ActiveRecord::Inheritances module?  It looks
like there are some plugin concerns bleeding in.  I don't think there
are any plans to add any other Inheritance types in ActiveRecord.  Is
there some reason you need that for your plugin?

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net

Rodrigo Kochenburger