Hi,

On 04/05/2017 07:08 AM, gurpartap singh wrote:
Hi Enrico,
I am facing problems with D-Bus service.
1. Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
de.pengutronix.rauc: Timeout was reached
D-Bus error while installing `/home/rauc/update.raucb

yes, we discussed this issue on the list already. For reference, see
  https://www.mail-archive.com/rauc@pengutronix.de/msg00005.html

The issue here was that the non-systemd D-Bus activation of RAUC did not work due to an error in the D-Bus service file.

The fix for this is already upstream, so you can either build the latest version from the master branch or fix the service file manually.

https://github.com/rauc/rauc/commit/bd7afda21226318bd5ca21cd7009f0aa3a73d9f0

2.How to start D-Bus service and run rauc in Daemon mode.

Well this question mainly answers itself by the fix provided above. You have to install the generated service files on your target. Then you will be able to start the RAUC daemon with D-Bus activation.

If you prefer an explicit start of RAUC, use a service file of your preferred init process (we only support systemd out of the box).

3.Please start some IRC chat so we can get live help from your team.

Well, this is an Open Source project, right. Thus you are free to use it (and to contribute!) and people are willing to help you. But I would give you the helpful advice not to expect community channels to provide free full-time commercial support for you! For now, I read your request as "Do you have an official IRC channel?" and have to answer "No, we don't have." That is simply because we cannot guarantee that there will be someone available for discussion in a period of time that would not frustrate the questioner.

For now I assume asynchronous mail communication or GitHub Issues/Pull Requests are the appropriate format for this project.

If you really need commercial support for you project, feel free to contact my company, Pengutronix.

Best regards

Enrico

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5080 |