At one point, I had a 17.5 pound Trek carbon fiber wonder-bike. Once I got
past the "wow, is this thing ever light!" it was uninspiring to ride.  I
experienced a problem that required a brand new warranty replacement that
hung in my shop for over a year un-built due to lack of inspiration.  I
eventually sold it and used the money for the order of my first Rivendell
custom which is my absolute favorite bike EVER.  If I were to buy the Trek,
I would likely be "professionally sized" for a 56cm. I've never been more
comfortable than on my 60cm custom :)

With $15k, I think I'd be on the phone to Rivendell ordering up a Roadeo or
another custom.

Dreams are free.