I went on a tour with my wife once... I carried most everything leaving
only a lightly packed set of rear panniers for her.  I carefully scouted
maps and planned out a nice route for a week.

The tour concluded somewhere along the planned route on day 4 when she
threw her bike in a ditch and refused to go any further.

She did pay me the highest of compliments at one point on the tour though
when she looked me straight in the eye and said "You are one sick f.." She
is not the type to use expletives, but the way she said it, so matter of
fact...I was honored.  We're going on 20 years of marriage and one of the
secrets must be to never bring up going on a bike tour together again :D

I wish you luck!