Congratulations.  My Quickbeam was one of my favorite bicycles.  Many
a fond memory.  Love the color.

If I did it again, I'd do it exactly the same way. With no desire to
switch gears other than annual switch to lower gearing for plowing
through snow in the winter.  Fixed, single ring/cog. Phil Wood out
back, dynamo up front. Nitto mini rack up front, Rivendell Big rack
out back.

Good luck, most of all have fun!