Thanks for the support, compliments.  No monster, I'd much prefer the
saddle and handlebar of a bike for 10 hours a day than my office chair
and a keyboard.

This was the 15th or 16th year of having done similar trips.  Many
have been longer, some shorter. I'd like to take longer trips, but
time is a constraint.  I would have liked to wrap up the rest of the
week of RAGBRAI and come home up the river.

One of my favorite moments on the trip was a stop out in the middle of
nowhere.  No cars, nothing but a light cool morning breeze and the
birds.  I sat down in the grass for a while to rest and could have
easily taken a nap.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4qxHwitk6FxBcRzwmijshw?feat=directlink

The basket up front was one of my favorite features.  I used it to dry
my laundry, hold my map, hold an extra beverage (or several.)  I met
up with some friends and became known as the "bar bike."  On one
particular day, we were riding late in the day and people were handing
up free 32 ounce bottles of sports drink.  I became the holding area
for my fellow riders:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2pMFDXvURkm9OwhAH5cUeQ?feat=directlink

The next morning, I carried two jars of pickles, a jar of garlic
stuffed olives, two bottles of bloody mary mix, and the fresh celery
in the basket.  One of my riding partners (also riding self contained)
carried the 25 pound bag of ice.  We then had a little morning treat
for 10 with breakfast at the FarmBoys stop about 10 miles out of Clear
Lake.