I'm with you William, the ebaY can be rough on the emotions.  I
subscribe to the put your top bid in and hope it's enough.  BUT, that
still leaves me wondering if I am just slightly outbid.  I ponder the
question of perhaps the other bidder was willing to only pay a couple
of bucks more than I bid?

I know the seller and he has some very nice bicycles and one of the
greatest people I know to boot! I know that he really likes the
Rambouillet, this is his second. I don't think it would be too much if
I out him a little and say that he was never really wild about the
orange on the first one, thought he would try a little something
different on the second.  The bicycle looks really sharp in person,
particularly when built up with silver components.  The single color
really looks sharp.  The powder is a bit thicker so the shorelines of
the lugs aren't quite as crisp as what you get with wet paint.   But,
you do gain the durability of the finish and Spectrum does probably
the best job with powder in the business.

I think if it were not for a really unique opportunity to pick
something else up, he would likely hang on to the bike.  I am certain
that the winning bidder will ultimately be very pleased with the bike.
Don't worry, there are still a couple of Rivendells in the
collection.  In fact, I think it was the Blériot that warmed his heart
to the whole 650b world.  Good luck with your bidding William, just
over a day until we'll know if you are the winner!