Micheal, I know that it's not THE answer that you are looking for AND
it would be A LOT more expensive, but you could contact Rivendell and
have a new custom made in the STYLE of an MB-1.  You could get one of
the new Pacenti fork crowns up front, some really fantastic
craftsmanship, and a bicycle designed just for you.  It might seem a
bit extravagant for an off-roader, but boy... Sure would be a fun
project.