I miss my Orange series Quickbeam and would love to be able to replace it!

Things I would change, though would not be a deal-killer;
Rear Dropouts; Forward facing horizontal, something along the lines of a
long Campy 1010 without a derailleur hanger.  Forward facing because it may
facilitate easier wheel removal with fenders mounted. Aesthetically, they
might be more pleasing than the big steel plates that were used :)

Keep:
Geometry, drop bars, single top tube, cantilever brake mounts.

I like the name "SimpleOne" more than "Quickbeam" perhaps because I don't
consider myself very quick and prefer to have a simple bike. No need for
4-speed, flip/flop, two chainring setup.  A single ring up front would be
fine for me... I was very much a fixed gear, seasonal gear changer and have
no need nor desire for on the road gear switch.  Even with one mechanical
ratio, there are always 3 options; Sit, Stand, and walk :)