Heard the story on the radio on my way to work.  Made me think of my 6
years where I worked in a very large distribution facility.  During that
time, I met and worked with a lot of very interesting people.  I worked 2nd
shift mostly, rode my bike to and from work...  I worked there because I
wanted to make a living working at a bike shop during the day, but couldn't
make ends meet.  I did manage to land a job working at a Bridgestone dealer
and continued working at the shop for almost 15 years, during which time my
appreciation for Rivendell and practical cycles made more and more sense.
 I finally gave up working at the shop because it wasn't worth my time, nor
could I get excited about most of the new production bicycles and
components there were to offer.

I too occasionally dream about the next new perfect product, but more often
about the perfect ride.  The perfect narrow stretch of gravel, a quiet
county road, watching the sun come up.  The sun on my back, breeze through
my hair, the sites, the sounds, the places to go, the adventure, the
discovery of a road that I've never ridden, a destinationless departure.
 Finding that "Dead End" doesn't always mean that you cannot get through on
a bike.  Being in the country alone, riding through the dark, the stars.  I
love a good ride in the rain...  It IS time for bed