How about:

Someone Who Did Something
  or
Person Who Did Something

of course that would eliminate non-human living entities.  So, in order
not to be anthropomorphic, how about:

Being That Did Something

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900
Seattle, WA 98195-2900
(206) 543-8409
(206) 685-8782 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://faculty.washington.edu/~aschiff

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Jay Smith wrote:

Along those lines, and perhaps conforming to B. Eversberg's notion of
"involver", perhaps a slightly less loaded term (but admittedly not
entirely neutral!) would be: perpetrator.  Abbreviated in relator codes
to: perp.

Jay Towne Smith
Senior Cataloger
San Francisco Public Library