The term chosen was "Party".

So, the main entry would be the "party of the first part" and the added
entries would be the "parties of the second part"?   <wink>

Which leads to the "primary party" and "secondary party" or ...
"main party" and "added (or additional) parties".

But getting serious again for a moment, I think Hal Cain's suggestion that
a relator term or code always be included to better describe the
relationship of the name to the resource being described, is something
that we should seriously consider.  Not only could OPACs use the term/code
for display purposes, but FRBRization of catalog records could probably be
much improved if a system knew that a particular name in one case was a
translator and in another was an editor, illustrator, actor, soprano,
defendant, etc.

Adam

* Adam L. Schiff                     *
* Principal Cataloger                *