Robert Maxwell wrote:
[R Maxwell] I do not agree that authority records in some form will still be
needed in a FRBR-ized catalog. If each entity has one and only one entity
record in the database, then that one entity record serves all the purposes of
the current authority records. When cataloging an edition of Homer's Iliad in
English I would need at least:
        one work entity record (Iliad)
        one person entity record for the author (Homer)

I think perhaps when Laurence Creider says authority records in some
form will still be needed, he was thinking of this person entity record
and work entity record.  That is perhaps an "authority record in some
form".  Laurence, can you confirm?

This is certainly how I've seen people talk about this sort of thing
before, assuming that the person entity _is_ the evolution of the person
authority record, and thus considered "some form of" authority record.

Jonathan