A quick update ... thanks to help from ALA colleagues, I have been able
to simplify the links to these presentations.

--Glenn

________________________________

From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Patton,Glenn
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:06 PM
To: RDA-L@INFOSERV.NLC-BNC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Presentations from the ALA RDA Implementation Task
Force program at ALA Annual

My apologies for being so long in responding to comments from earlier in
the week.

Program organizers and presenters at the recent ALA conference were
asked to use the ALA Presentations wiki as a means of making
presentations, handouts and other information available to conference
attendees.  What you're seeing comes from that wiki over which
organizers and presenters have only a limited amount of control.

I've tried to find a way to make "single-click" from the list of
programs to the presentations themselves but I cannot find a way to do
that (and most of the others who have made presentations available don't
seem to have found a way either).

The warning about the potential for "malicious code" is displayed only
for some types of file (Word document and PowerPoint but not PDFs) that
is linked.

Barbara Tillett's presentation, "The Influence of FRBR on RDA," is as it
was presented at the program session in spite of the pagination.  I know
that Barbara edited her presentation several times to keep it within the
allotted time so that may be the source of the gaps in the pagination.

Glenn E. Patton
Director, WorldCat Quality Management
OCLC
6565 Kilgour Place
Dublin  OH  43017-3395
Phone: +1.800.848.5878, ext. 6371 or +1.614.764.6371
Fax: +1.614.718.7187
Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>