I would like to introduce myself to the cataloging community as
Publisher
for the newly created Digital Reference unit at ALA Publishing. The
Digital Reference unit is responsible for ALA's co-publisher role in RDA

(Resource Description and Access) the digital replacement for AACR2.
Some of you may know me from my 12 years' experience at ALA Publishing,
working on RDA and AACR2 in addition to many other publishing projects.
My
role with RDA has expanded, from the production and software development

responsibility that I have held from the beginning, to include
coordinating the full breadth of ALA Publishing's responsibilities for
RDA.

As we approach the launch of the RDA Toolkit, the website that will
house
RDA in addition to other helpful cataloging resources and tools, we want

to increase the direct communication between the co-publishers of RDA
and
the cataloging community.  I am committed to actively reading and, when
helpful, posting responses to questions and concerns raised by
catalogers
in a variety of venues (like this one) regarding the RDA and the RDA
Toolkit.

We will soon post registration information for an upcoming RDA Toolkit
Webinar offering a repeat of the guided tour of the RDA Toolkit beta
site
given at ALA's Midwinter Meeting. In addition to the Webinar, the co-
publishers are drafting an RDA Toolkit FAQ that will address many of the

recent questions asked by attendees at Midwinter, posted to lists, or
sent
to rdatool...@ala.org.   We will post the FAQ URL as soon as it is
active.

To receive RDA Toolkit announcements and news directly from the co-
publishers, please email us at rdatool...@ala.org so we can add you to
our
RDA Toolkit mailing list.  These announcements will come out frequently
over the next few months as we approach the June 2010 launch of the RDA
Toolkit.

Kind regards,

Troy Linker

Publisher, ALA Digital Reference