From: McGrath, Kelley C. [mailto:kmcgr...@bsu.edu]
Sent: Friday, 5 March 2010 3:28 AM
Subject: Re: Question about RDA relationships (App. J)

Karen,

Well, I'm clearly way behind on my email, but I find the idea of a recordless
view intriguing and presumably much more flexible. I have been playing with E-R
modeling for moving images in the modified version of FRBR that OLAC (online
Audiovisual Catalogers) has been discussing. The thorniest areas so far are
linking where there are gaps in information, scenarios where is seems like we
want different amounts of detail under different scenarios, and dealing with
parts of entities, although it may just be that I am going about this the wrong
way. The model cases are simple, but the real data is messier and seems to have
more levels. It's harder for me to intuitively get my head around how a model
based just on statements would work in practice, but it does sound like it
would deal better with gappy data, which is what we'll have. I'll be interested
to see what you come up with.

Kelley

Kelley McGrath
Ball State University