Perhaps it would have been better to use an example from Codex Alimentarius
that resembled the textual properties displayed on bibliographic resources
which catalogers must take into account in assisting people in identifying
those resources. The General Standard for the Labelling of Prepackaged Foods
(http://www.codexalimentarius.net/download/standards/32/CXS_001e.pdf)
prescribes a series of instructions for recording the the name of the food that
is no less onerous than the rules for bibliographic description in libraries:

4.1 The name of the food

4.1.1 The name shall indicate the true nature of the food and normally be
specific and not generic:

4.1.1.1 Where a name or names have been established for a food in a Codex
standard, at least one of these names shall be used.

4.1.1.2 In other cases, the name prescribed by national legislation shall be
used.

4.1.1.3 In the absence of any such name, either a common or usual name existing
by common usage as an appropriate descriptive term which was not misleading or
confusing to the consumer shall be used.

4.1.1.4 A "coined", "fanciful", "brand" name, or "trade mark" may be used
provided it accompanies one of the names provided in Subsections 4.1.1.1 to
4.1.1.3.

4.1.2 There shall appear on the label either in conjunction with, or in close
proximity to, the name of the food, such additional words or phrases as
necessary to avoid misleading or confusing the consumer in regard to the true
nature and physical condition of the food including but not limited to the type
of packing medium, style, and the condition or type of treatment it has
undergone; for example: dried, concentrated, reconstituted, smoked.

Thomas Brenndorfer

Guelph Public Library