Quoting "J. McRee Elrod" <m...@slc.bc.ca>:

I would be more interested in a system which harvests MARC records
from IMDb.

It's probably worth asking if anyone is already doing that. IMDB seems to have APIs that allow you to harvest its data (and it's owned by Amazon, which I didn't realize).

If you aren't on NGC4LIB I can post the question there and let you know if anything turns up.

kc

There is a much larger oercentage of records for motion
pictures acquired as DVDs by libraies lacking MARC records, to be found
on IMDb, than library books lacking MARC records to be found on Amazon.

The national cataloguing agencies do a much better job of covering
print than nonbook media.

Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
ph: 1-510-540-7596