I've had not one suggestion on or off list with any provision in RDA
which makes it easier to catalogue electronic resources than using
AACR2, which might have been added to AACR2.

According to the Sanchez survey, many of us feel RDA is also better
than AACR2 for other nonprint material.

I beg to differ.  If one adds the "number of units" to the listed
media carrier, as RDA instructs, there would be no difference in
description between: print and large print; DVD, HD, and Blu-ray;
electronic texts, websites, streaming videos, etc.  I hope most will
have enough gumption to ignore that instruction and use the option to
use popular terms.