From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca] On Behalf Of Brenndorfer, Thomas
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:17 AM
To: RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] RDA promoting the "work" entity?

Print and audiobook would constitute different expressions, each of which could
be found in different manifestations.

With print, revisions and different language versions would constitute
different expressions, and with audiobook, different narrators would constitute
different expressions.

Solving the problem with grouping works shouldn't mean ignoring the problem
with grouping expressions-- one would think solutions for consistent data
should apply across the board.

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library