Rich McRae asked:

>When there is a digitized copy made of a hard-copy item- both separate mani=
>festations according to FRBR, is it mandated by RDA rules that two bibliogr=
>aphic records should be created? ...

That is my understanding, just as it was mandated by AACR2.  So far,
so far as I know, there has been no LCPS subverting that as the LCRI
subverted AACR2.

If/when Bibframe has expression records, an expression record might
contain both.  But we are still doing manifestation records.

You can refer to the alternate form in 530 (which has $u), in 776,
and/or 856 1 (version of resource) $u. but in my view that does not
replace the need for two records due to AACR2's GMD or RDA's media
terms, not to mention fixed fields.  Most of our clients prefer 530,
although the PN e-book standard calls for 776.