From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Shapiro, Regina
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:47 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Best Practices for Music Cataloging using RDA and MARC21

There appears to be a contradiction between the following two instructions:

 2.3.1.7. Title Proper--Titles of Parts, Sections, and Supplements MLA
recommendation: Follow LC-PCC PS.
EXAMPLES:
245 00 Musical theatre for classical singers. $p Soprano (p. 8)

AND
2.5.2. Designation of Edition
The most common designations of edition in music resources fall into category
g), "a statement indicating ... a particular voice range or format for notated
music."
Treat a statement indicating a particular voice range that is not grammatically
linked to the title, other title information, etc. as a designation of edition,
whether or not it includes the word "edition" or its equivalent.
EXAMPLES:
250 Tenor.   (p.14)