From:         Heidrun Wiesenmüller
              <wiesenmuel...@hdm-stuttgart.de>
Sender:       Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
<RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA>
Date:         Wed, 15 May 2013 09:00:12
To: <RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA>
Subject: [RDA-L] German and French texts of RDA

You'll probably have heard that the German and French translations of
RDA were to appear with yesterday's (or rather, yesternight's?) update
of the RDA toolkit. In case you wonder where they are: To see them,
you'll have to go to your profile and change the language setting from
"browser default" to the desired language:
http://www.rdatoolkit.org/blog/language_setting

Actually, I had hoped for an easier way to switch between languages.
Even better would have been a possibility to directly compare e.g. the
English and the German version (perhaps by having both texts in two
different windows at the same time). As the translations naturally can
never be quite up-to-date, I think it's important to use them in
combination with the current English text.

Heidrun

--
Prof. Heidrun Wiesenmueller M.A.