It's not really clear to me what (if anything) the user will see of this 3xx
data, and I don't know if there is (yet) a "best way" to encode it. But our
practice so far has been only to mark accompanying material with $3:

1. Book with CD-ROM:

336  text ǂb txt ǂ2 rdacontent
337  unmediated ǂb n ǂ2 rdamedia
337  computer ǂb c ǂ2 rdamedia ǂ3 accompanying material
338  volume ǂb nc ǂ2 rdacarrier
338  computer disc ǂb cd ǂ2 rdacarrier ǂ3 accompanying material

2. Book with accompanying DVD:

336  ǂa text ǂb txt ǂ2 rdacontent
336  ǂa two-dimensional moving image ǂb tdm ǂ2 rdacontent ǂ3 accompanying
material
337  ǂa unmediated ǂb n ǂ2 rdamedia
337  ǂa video ǂb v ǂ2 rdamedia ǂ3 accompanying material
338  ǂa volume ǂb nc ǂ2 rdacarrier
338  ǂa videodisc ǂb vd ǂ2 rdacarrier ǂ3 accompanying material

--Ben

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions, Metadata and Enterprise Systems
MIT Libraries
617-253-7137