From: Moore, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:56 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] A date between 1310 and 1319

We have an author whose birth date is known to be between 1310 and 1319. We can
record it in the 046 following edtf, but how would people deal with it in an
RDA authorized access point? RDA 9.3.1.3 doesn’t have an example of “between
1310 and 1319”, but should this mean we can’t do it? It’s as comprehensible as
“approximately”.

If it’s considered unlawful then do people think it would be a useful addition
to propose?

Regards

Richard

_________________________

Richard Moore

Authority Control Team Manager

The British Library

Tel.: +44 (0)1937 546806

E-mail: richard.mo...@bl.uk

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts :
www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html

Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book.
www.bl.uk/adoptabook

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmas...@bl.uk :
The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the
sender's consent.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author
and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The British
Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

 Think before you print