From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca] On Behalf Of Mary Mastraccio
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:00 PM
To: RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Titles of nobility

Kevin wrote:
It's when we're able to rely on identifiers that we can let go of the need for
unique access points.

Yes, and that needs to be the goal. Too often we limit designing for the future
because of current practices. My comment was in reference to the German library
needing to adopt Anglo-American practices.

Mary L. Mastraccio
Cataloging & Authorities Manager
MARCIVE, Inc.
San Antonio, TX 78265