I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but just to sound off my agreement with
Mac's statement, "No finite list can reflect the infinite relationship
possibilities" and wondering yet again why there aren't more generic RDA
relators like "contributor".

For example, I'm cataloging a work with the following statement of
responsibility:

produced and photographed by Joseph Daniel ; original preface, trial
transcripts, and new afterword by Daniel Ellsberg ; original reporting by Keith
Pope ; original poetry and "Plutonian ode" by Allen Ginsberg ; new and updated
history and reflection by LeRoy Moore ; activists appendix by August Freirich.

With the exception of the first-named author, there are no established RDA
terms for their specific roles. I suppose "author" is closest, but all of them
could more accurately be described as contributors, in my opinion.

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions and Discovery Enhancement
MIT Libraries