I'm curious, is anyone besides music and AV catalogers using the 046 field in
bibliographic records?
I've read in OCLC's Bib Formats and Standards that the 046 is used when the
fixed field DtSt and Dates are insufficient to bring out all the information.
However, our music and media cataloger says that for his formats, the trend
seems to be to input the 046 for regular dates as well.  Is anyone using the
046 in bib records for formats like monographs, serials, etc?  If so, when and
how?

Thanks,

Sevim McCutcheon
Catalog Librarian; Assoc. Prof.
Kent State University Libraries
330-672-1703
lmccu...@kent.edu

To unsubscribe from RDA-L send an e-mail to the following address from the
address you are subscribed under to:
lists...@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
In the body of the message:
SIGNOFF RDA-L