> I think you misunderstood the man page (if you're
> talking about what it says for --compare-hash).

I was talking about using compare-full as an alternative to
compare-hash. I believe the man page states that compare-full brings the
whole file over from the dest to the source and compares it there, which
is a very costly operation.

> If you're testing backup quality then you should use
> the --verify-at-time option instead

Will check it out!

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - August 12, 2010
solely for Steven Willoughby,rdiff-backup-us...@nongnu.org. If you are not the
named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this
email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician
Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician
Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.