On 1/21/23 12:19 PM, Mike Hart wrote:
Hi

Actually if you don't mind indulging me, I have another question.  My intention
is to do nightly backups.  If one of these failed could it take 3 days to roll
back to the previous night?

That depends. Let's consider two extreme cases:
    (A) The machine being backed up is very small, but the backup is being done
over a 56 Kb/s dialup connection and it takes 3 days to send the data for that
initial, complete backup.
    (B) There are nearly a billion files totalling nearly 900 terabytes, and
just writing that much data to a disk takes 3 days.

For case (A) the regression on the server would be quite fast. For case (B) it
could take more than the 3 days it took to write the backup originally (and
that could be true even for regressing a small incremental backup on that huge
archive).

                Do NOT delete it.